Sunday, February 22, 2015

Forbes.com Article Highlights Family Feuds in the Probate Process




While I work with my clients to eliminate many of these challenges during the estate planning process, I saw the issues highlighted by this forbes.com article on probate and family feuds pop up all too often in my time as a probate judge, among those clients who come to me after a loved one with no estate plan has passed, and when do-it-yourself estate planning documents lack the detail and clarity needed to avoid will contest litigation. As with most aspects of estate planning, in my experience, preventing these issues from becoming problems involves carefully determining your wishes and making sure your will and trust documents are carefully drafted to make sure those wishes are carried out. 

If you want to make sure your estate plan is drafted to avoid these and other potential pitfalls call the offices of Fabisch Law, L.L.C. to set up a consultation with Rhode Island Probate Lawyer Matthew Fabisch at 401-324-9344.